Follow if you are a writer and/or dreamer . . . or if you're just awesome.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A bit of an update, I guess =)

Okay, so here's what's been going on with my books. Appaloosy has been doing okay, with still about 350 copies sold, but I haven't been doing anything with them really. (which I should) Dusty's Trail sales have been going well, but I really need to order more.

Golden Sunrise (my third horse story) is finished but my mom cannot find the time to read through it (I gave it to her to read about two months ago) so I might take the manuscript back and check it myself then send it off to the real editor. Getting my books published hinges on so many things, deadlines, people and money; it seems like something that wouldn't be too hard but by the time you mess around with all the details it takes forever. It frustrates me so much when I can't get things done because of other people or because of my finacial situation.

I have been working a little bit on Blackberry Blossom. It is a story about a vagrant teenage girl in the 1930's who survives by riding the rails and playing the fiddle for a place to stay, etc. I think this one is going to be a teen novel and I am adding a bit of a love interest in it. :) Any ideas for me dear readers? I seem to be stuck in a rut a little bit with the main conflict, as it seems this story is just turning out to be a long sequence of events. (arrghh.) I think the main conflict is mostly about how she didn't get along well in her family situation (the reason she runs away from home) that she will eventually have to come to terms with in the end of the book. Tell me what you think. (!)

I really need to get my act together in the marketing part though,too. I guess I have the writing part down pretty well by now, its just the selling that I need to work on. :) Let me hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
Mattie

3 comments:

  1. Blackberry Blossom sounds really cool! Maybe your best idea yet!

    Both your books were awesome! But I think my favourite would be Appaloosy.

    Also, I had a question. How did you get your editor? Your related right? Does he charge you? I don't know where to get an editor for when my story is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! It's nice to hear more from you!

    I lost my noodle. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mattie!
    Great to see you back :)
    I missed your posts, but I'm glad to see that you are back.
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Hey there!
Thanks for reading my blog! I love comments, so leave one =)