Follow if you are a writer and/or dreamer . . . or if you're just awesome.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Conversation with Cheyenne

  MJR: Hi there Cheyenne. So, you are the new character in my book. How's that going for you?

Cheyenne: I don't really have any choice in the matter, do I?
 
MJR: Well, of course you don't. I am the author, so I get to decide what happens to you. But you should be happy. If it weren't for me, you'd just be another boring, non-talking horse. So, let's get to know a little more about you. What is the main event in this book, Golden Sunrise?

Cheyenne: Well, it's mostly about myself and my rider Jared going to defend the Alamo in 1836.

MJR: Why did Jared decide to call you Cheyenne? I mean, that's kind of a weird name.

Cheyenne: Well, I was born in a place the Cheyenne valley so that's what my first master called me. Even though the name stuck, Jared still has a secret name for me: Aurelia.

MJR: (Scribbling in a notebook) Hmmm. That's a great element of the story. Well, I'll have to remember that. Why would he call you Aurelia then?

Cheyenne: Aurelia is Spanish for golden. He calls me that because of my beautiful Palomino coat. He also believes that if you have a secret name for a horse, the horse will be closer to you. I think so too.

MJR: ARRGH! I feel so stupid. I'm seventeen years old and I still talk to horses. And imaginary ones at that.

Cheyenne: If you don't do it, who will?

MJR: I guess that's true. I have to keep on with my series, anyway, even if I am older now. Gotta keep those avid readers busy! More than 350 copies of Appaloosy sold, all those people are waiting for more. And I guess it is good to keep older reader's imaginations working, too.
To change the subject: What is different about you and my other two horses, Storm and Dusty?

Cheyenne: I don't know. I'd say I'm a lot braver than Dusty, and maybe just a little more loyal than Storm. And, I am a mare. That's different.

MJR: Don't get too full of yourself!

Cheyenne: Hey, you're the one who created me.

MJR: Oh yeah. Can you give me any more ideas for this story?

Cheyenne: I thought that was the point of this conversation. You're the one who is supposed to come up with ideas.

MJR: Well, what can you tell me is special about this story? What makes it stand out from my others?
Cheyenne: (Grinning as much as a horse can) Well, you'll have to read it and find out.

The Alamo as it looks today.


The flag of the republic of Texas

Cheyenne is a Palomino horse!!
                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!
Thanks for reading my blog! I love comments, so leave one =)