Follow if you are a writer and/or dreamer . . . or if you're just awesome.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

No work Friday

  I'm glad I didn't have to go to work yesterday. Not Jay's, Traxside or even with Dad. I got a good two chapters finished in my teen novel. (and chapters in that book are much longer than those in Appaloosy.) I haven't worked much on Golden Sunrise (working title) because I need to study a little bit more about the period of history that it's set in.
     I set up a little "Haunted Trail" for my siblings today and they had fun going down it and back up again. It was almost more cute than scary. I wish I could have a picture, but Somebody had to loose the camera. I'm still simmering over that.
     Don't you wish sometimes that you could look in hindsight all the time? Sorry to change the subject so dramatically, but I sure wish I could. Like, "Don't say that about that person because even though it's true the people you're telling it to will exaggerate it and tell it to everyone and then suddenly no one really trusts you because you spread rumors."
     Or maybe, "You better get back to that person RIGHT AWAY even though you're really busy and don't have the time, otherwise they'll feel underappreciated and that you are a jerk, and never answer your emails again."
     Both have happened to me, and I really regret it now. Thankfully though I have made amends in most situations, but I've learned from my mistakes. If there's one thing you think about today, it's think before you speak. (or don't speak)  =)
  Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!
Thanks for reading my blog! I love comments, so leave one =)