Follow if you are a writer and/or dreamer . . . or if you're just awesome.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday, November 19, 2010

     I am so bored with life right now. I am waiting on the cover of my book so I still can't send it in to the publisher yet. I am having so much fun being home with no other kids around, but after a couple days I've decided its just a little too boring. Yeah, I'm getting lots of stuff done, I guess. But there's not even anything to write about.
    On Wednesday I went to "the Studio" which is what they call the youth group. I was thinking about joining the one at our church but it is such a long drive and I don't really know anyone there. A lot of my friends go to this youth group at First Assembly chuch, and I've been getting a ride every week, and think that I like it better.


     I have to take the van over to get it fixed, it's got a leak in the something or other and needs to get fixed before tommorow! Our life with cars is very involoved. We have a lot of old, tired cars, not one new one. In fact, here is a list of what we have:

  •     1 1996 Saturn SL2 (accessory belt is slipping and needs to be taken in before I can drive it.)
  •  1 old (1980 something) gray ford pickup, can be driven but needs a lot of work on it.
  • 1 old chevy pickup, automatic, named "Bess" by our uncle Brad, belt is also squealing on that and isn't really realiable enough to bring me to Valley City and back. It's more of a farm truck.
  • 2 1996 15-passenger vans, 1 big red one mom has taken to SD,
  • and one white one that happens to be okay but Dad needs to take it to work. (Which is alright by me--it doesn't have a working radio)
  • 1 van that runs okay, but is totally smashed from when my dad rolled it. We use it for a parts van for all our other vans.
  • 1 1996 Ford Club Wagon. My "black van" although no one wants to hear me say it. It was my first car that I've gotten to drive and I've had alot of fun with it, though it seems to contantly be in need of repair. We just got a new windshield for it now (my brother had smashed it with his head--when the car wasn't even moving. Don't ask me about it) I'm going to take this one with me to Valley City. (hopefully)

    And if you're like some people, don't tell me they always need to be fixed because they're fords. I hate to admit it, but I'm very hard on the cars I drive. The black van has the least miles on it and that's 130,000. A lot of people get rid of their cars before it even gets to that. Though right now I am against new cars, as I think they are mainly made of plastic and have interior tracking devices or something like that, so we should make our old ones last as long as they can. Anyway, I think that maybe when I grow up I should be a mechanic!





 Happy Trails!
  Mattie
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!
Thanks for reading my blog! I love comments, so leave one =)