Follow if you are a writer and/or dreamer . . . or if you're just awesome.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Official Polls are Closed

 And the winner of "Favorite Breed" is a three-way tie! We've had 8 votes, (Thank you all) two each for Appaloosa, Quarter Horse, and Other. One vote each for Thoroughbred and Paint. I'm going to put another poll up, so make sure to vote! I guess I should give you your writing tip too, although I didn't even remember that it was Wednesday until now.
_______________________________________________________________
Writing Tip--Writer's Block

Is it real, or is it imaginary? I didn't believe in it when I first started writing, but now I definitely do. Writer's block is defined as a time when you simply can not think of anything to write, or when you feel like giving up. No fear, here are my ways of getting over writer's block.
(a) Let the material sit for awhile. Leave it alone for at least a day. When you come back to it, you will have a fresh mind and that will help to give you ideas.
(b) do something physical. Go for a walk, play a sport with some friends, or ride horses. Activity helps when you're suffering from writer's block.
(c)Talk to other people for ideas. Talk about your story to your friends, parents or other writers you know. Often they will have ideas that will benefit your story.
(d) Talk to your character. That's right, you heard me, talk to him.
"Storm, what do you want to do now?"
If you really think about it, you have a god-like presence in your story because you can change anything as you like, (unlike reality) but you can also consult your character. Sometimes you will give him what he wants. Sometimes you will make his life hard.
(e) if all else fails, JUST WRITE! I know this is sometimes hard, but just keep writing anything that comes to your mind. This is what editing is for afterward.
Follow these steps to help overcome writer's block. But the absolute best thing you can do is Persist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there!
Thanks for reading my blog! I love comments, so leave one =)